Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lights up

We are in the last two days of dress rehearsal for Victoria's House, the play I've been rehearsing for the last 2 months. I am hopeful it will go well despite the many road blocks we've encountered, particularly in the last week. Serves as a great reminder that, as an actor, the only thing we really have control over is our own part. And trust that everyone else will do theirs. I love the feeling of team and working together.

I can't believe that the last play I performed in was over four years ago. Where has all the time gone?! Being in this show and back on stage and under the lights again has made me very nostalgic for the years at Elon where our daily lives consisted of acting class, octagon lunches followed by rehearsals into the wee hours of the night. I truly believe that those years will prove to be some of the most exciting, fun and magical of my life. Being in this show and others since graduating from Elon, I am reminded of how WELL we were taught and what great skills we were given. I know that any Elon Theatre major out there knows how to put on one hell of a show, should they ever want to!

I wish sometimes that all of my Elon friends and I could all come together and create our own theatre company. What magic we would create and what fun we would have! Perhaps one day...

I am grateful and excited to be back on stage again. The lights, the costumes, the rehearsing and the excitement that comes from "winging it" .... I've missed it all....and it feels wonderful to be back together again!

No comments: